Wednesday 11 January 2012

DECEMBER COMMISSIONS

Last December I finalized two commissions!

IN THE WOODS is a commission I did for my accountant, Nick. He is a lovely gentle man and has been doing my accounts for the last 3 years. He suggested a commissioned painting for his collection in exchange of his services this year, I obviously was very happy to trade and this is the result!

 IN THE WOODS
Gouache on Fabriano Artistico 640 gsm HP Paper
30 x 30 cm ( 50 x 50 cm framed) 2011


This second commission was for Theresa, my gorgeous friends Steph and Nat's mum.
She came to my solo show last June at the Coningsby gallery and bought WHERE THE LITTLE CREATURES LIVE, one of my favorite 2009 paintings.
She wanted a second painting of mines to complement and enhance the first one so they could share the hanging space in her house, but none of the ones exhibiting at the show gathered all the little forest creatures she was looking for, so we agreed that the best thing would be for her to commission me a painting.
ALL IS CALM WHERE THEY LIVE is the result, where owls, foxes and little creatures of the forest live a very peaceful calm life. 






































ALL IS CALM WHERE THEY LIVE
Gouache on fabriano Artistico 640 gsm Paper
30 x 30 cm (50 x 50 cm framed)
December 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment