Wednesday 9 November 2011

CALLING and CALL ME





























CALLING and CALL ME were purchased yesterday by a very nice gentleman at our Private View, I am very pleased they weren't separated and will be going together to a lovely new home. Thank you J!

I first painted CALL ME last year, my grandmother left me these beautiful oval frames and after restoring them I decided the best I could do was a diptych of a couple with a 1940's look and feel to them.
The frames reminded me of those old small oval necklaces you get where you keep a photograph of your loved one.
After I did CALL ME I had to have a male version where he is CALLING her, he is a missed aviator sent far away.
Now they will not remain apart.
Both paintings are Gouache on fabriano hot press 640 gsm paper. Size is 40 x 30 cm aproximately as they are oval.

No comments:

Post a Comment